Monday, October 3, 2016

Dr. Cat

Last week I had a day when I didn't feel so well so I laid down on the couch. Our cat, Kitty, jumped up next to me and laid down, too.  You would think that this is not so unusual except our cat is very standoffish.  She will let us pet her for a couple of minutes, or pick her up for just a second, but, otherwise, Kitty is just "too good" for humans.  I fell asleep and woke a couple of hours later.  Kitty was still there!  My husband said she stayed there the entire time.

I told my daughter-in-law about this- everyone in our family knows Kitty is a little snobbish.  She said, "Dr. Cat!"  She said their cat does the same thing when one of the kids is sick, so they all call their cat, Cocoa, "Dr. Cat" when she does this. 

This got me thinking- everyone needs a Dr. Cat at some point.  It might not be a cat, of course, it could be your best friend, or a teacher, or your mom or dad, a spouse or, maybe, one of your children.  It's so nice to have support when you need it most, and to be there for those who need yours.