Thursday, May 7, 2015

Teachers I Appreciate

What a teacher writes on the blackboard of life can never be erased. 

This is an anonymous quote that I love- it's so easy to see how it would be possible for a teacher to change the course of a student's life.  So for "Teacher Appreciation Week"  I want to let everyone know that the teacher I appreciate most is one who:
  • understands that everyone needs a second chance, or a third or a fourth....
  • goes above and beyond to help a struggling student
  • is a positive role model- perhaps the only one in a child's life
  • inspires everyone to be and do their best every day
  • challenges students to reach higher than they ever thought they could
  • teaches students to love learning
  • would never give up on a student


I am so proud and honored that these qualities are found in the teachers who are part of our Raymond School District family. They are truly making a difference.  

Thank you, teachers- I appreciate all you do.

And, of course, as this is also National School Nurses Week- a big thank you to our nurses for their hard work with our students.  (For insights into what a day is like for our nurses, read my blog for December 18.)