Friday, May 6, 2016

The Value of a Day

This Sunday is Mother's Day and even though this is a holiday that was created by a card company, it still has its importance.  For me, gifts are not what this day represents.  The value of this "holiday" is acknowledgement of all the hard work that goes into being a mom. I love it when one of my  sons thanks me for this hard work!  If you are still lucky enough to have a mom that you can talk with or visit, make sure that you tell her how happy you are that she is your mom.  Make her day when you tell her how much you value her and the wonderful opportunities and lessons she provided that made you who you are.

This is my thank you to all the moms out there who help each of their children to be the best they can be; who teach them respect and responsibility; and who are there for them when things don't go well.  Parents are the backbone of our schools-  we couldn't do it without you.  And, on this day, I want to particularly thank all our Moms.